The Project Engineer/Manager is responsible for completing, planning, coordinating and managing all engineering activities for Engineering or EPC projects. The incumbent will provide engineering to promote the successful execution of projects with a focus on cost effectiveness, constructability and schedule.
- Provide engineering for total project effort including project schedule development; participation in construction planning and design; resolution of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall project schedule
- Interface with all engineering departments/disciplines as required in the establishment of project schedules and resolving schedule problems
- Complete engineering assigned to designated project
- Comply with and follow project engineering procedures and other work control and reporting documents
- Represent company, project team and/or engineering department during bid process, project scope development, client meetings and project management meetings
- Interface with Project Manager as necessary to review constructability of design with the goal of meeting quality, cost and schedule commitments
- Must possess superior engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines
- Must be familiar with applicable codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with peers, project managers, site managers and clients
- Must have a proven track record of accomplishment as a design engineer on industrial projects and be capable of working in a team of engineers, designers and support personnel
- Possess MS Office and MS Project skills.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in an Engineering Discipline
- 5-10 years of formal training and experience in industrial engineering design working on complex, multi-discipline engineering or EPC projects
- Must have 6 years experience in the related industry (Required)
- Registered professional engineer with EGBC or APEGA
- Possess valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Western Canada oil and gas work experience is preferred